Karbonade with Onio
A typical Norwegian Dinner dish. Make sure to make a big portion, so you have dinner several days. Serve either on a slice of bread, with fried egg on top, or with boiled potatoes and pea stew, as we have in this recipe.
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 ts Salt
- 1/2 ts black pepper
- 1/2 table spoon potato starch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon margarine for frying.
- 2 Yellow onions
- 1 table spoon margarine for frying
- 1/2 ts salt
1. Mix the ground beef easily with salt, pepper and potato starch. Mix in water
2. Shape the mix into 8 large, flat patties, make a pattern on top with a fork.
3. Peel the onions, split it and cut into thin slices. Melt the margarine, and fry the onions on medium heat until it is soft golden and add salt to taste.
4. Finally, the patties has to be browned on each side.